The Google Analytics Certification is indeed worth it. By earning this certificate, you will be introduced to a wealth of valuable analytical knowledge. It will give you an an-in-depth understanding of Google Analytics. Moreover, this qualification will allow you to become certified as a web analyst for your company. Your business will benefit from this also as you will be able to produce better SEO campaigns.
The Google Analytics certification is free and can be taken several times. In this article, we will describe how to get certified in Google Analytics and how to prepare for your exam.
The benefit of Having A Google Analytics Certification
Gain new skills
The major benefit of having Google Analytics Certification is getting an in-depth understanding of the features and tools that Google Analytics provides. Moreover, it will help you become a better analytical user which is always valuable.
Be at an advantage with your competitors
Once you complete the certification program, you can add your certification to your resume. More employers are likely to want to use your services after you obtain your certificate. Additionally, this will give you an advantage from your competitors.
Increase your chances of ranking for #1
Google Analytics certification will give you secret tricks and tactics that you can use to improve your SEO campaign significantly. Use these skills to improve your chances of ranking to the top.
Get Trained by Google
Marketers can claim they know how to use Google Analytics but not all of them are officially certified by Google.
What is The Google Analytics Certification Comprised Of?
Google Academy offers 6 different courses to get you on the road to mastering Google Analytics. They will each show you how to leverage your knowledge to benefit your SEO campaign for your business. The courses range from beginner’s course to using powerful techniques for advanced features. You will also be introduced to other services that work with Google Analytics such as Google Tag Manager and Data Studio.
Course #1 Google Analytics for Beginners
Google Analytics for Beginners teaches new users how to generate an account, implement tracking code and produce data fillers. You will be able to navigate the Google Analytics interface and reports. Moreover, you will be able to create personalised dashboards and set up shortcuts. You will also learn how to interpret basic reports such as Audience, Acquisition, and Behaviour. Lastly, you will learn how to set up goals and track campaigns.
The course consists of 4 sections:
- Introducing Google Analytics – Learn how Google Analytics works and learn to set it up with views and filters.
- The Google Analytics Interface – You will get an understanding of overview and full reports and how to set up the dashboard and shortcuts.
- Basic Reports – Here you will determine how to create audience, acquisition and behaviour reports.
- Basic Campaign and Conversion Tracking – Focus will be on building campaigns and tracking conversions using URL builder. You will also learn how to use goals as metrics for your business objectives. In this section, you will also measure Google Ad campaigns.
Register for Google Analytics for Beginners course.
Course #2 Advanced Google Analytics
After you have completed your first course, you can begin the more advanced one – Advanced Google Analytics. You can also opt for this course if you are already are proficient in the basics of Google Analytics.
Advanced Google Analytics gives you an overview of how data can be extracted and processed into readable reports. Additionally, you will be introduced to more advanced analysis techniques. You will also be shown marketing strategies like dynamic remarketing that show personalised ads for your website visitors.
The course consists of 4 sections:
- Data Collection and Processing – Data collection, categorization of users and sessions, application of configuration settings, generating reports and building a metric plan.
- Setting Up Data Collection and Configuration – Learn how to organize your account and set up advanced filters. Learn also how to create custom dimensions and metrics and understand user behaviour via Event Tracking.
- Advanced Analysis Tools and Techniques – Segment data for insight and analyze data by channels, audience, and custom reports.
- Advanced Marketing Tools – An introduction to remarketing and dynamic remarketing.
Register for Advanced Google Analytics course.
Course #3 Google Analytics for Power Users
Google Analytics for Power Users continues building from Advanced Google Analytics. After familiarizing yourself with various advanced features of Analytics, this is where you can utilize your skills and perform actions. In this course, you will experience practical techniques. Some examples include, comparison of users who convert vs those who don’t and analyzing traffic sources that produce the best results. Also, pinpointing highest-performing content on your site. You will also learn how to improve your performance on your site. It’s advised to first complete Google Analytics for Beginners and Advanced Google Analytics before pursuing this course.
The course consists of 4 sections:
- Understand users – Learn which users convert and detect which platforms to best optimize for.
- Attract high-value traffic – Analyze which traffic gives the best value for a conversion and learn when to send your newsletters.
- Improve site engagement – Detect which pages produce best conversions and learn which KPIs best to use as metrics.
- Improve product performance – Understand how your conversions are performing – which products work best, and why people drop out of purchases.
Register for Google Analytics for Power Users course.
Course #4 Getting Started With Google Analytics 360
With this course, you will be guided on how to leverage enterprise-level features from Analytics 360. You will be taught about advanced features like Roll-Up reporting and custom funnels. You will make use of BigQuery reporting and learn how to integrate with Marketing Platform products and Google Ad Manager. The course will give you practical examples in the real world. This will help you understand better how you can use your knowledge to accelerate performance and achieve your business objectives. This course is only suited for those who have completed Beginners and Advanced courses.
This course contains 7 sections:
- Introducing Google Analytics 360 – Learn its benefits, and create roll-up reports, custom funnels and unsampled reports and custom tables.
- BigQuery/GA360 integration – Integration with BigQuery
- Google Marketing Platform/GA360 integrations – learn how to integrate both platforms and compare GA and CM attributions models.
- Campaign Manager/GA360 integration – Integration with campaign manager reporting.
- Display & Video 360/GA360 integration – Display & Video 360 reporting integration including metrics and dimensions.
- Search Ads 360/GA360 integration – Search Ads 360 reporting integration with metrics and dimensions
- Google Ad Manager/GA360 integration – Making use of Custom Reports and Audiences with Ad Manager
Register for Google Analytics 360 course.
Course #5 Introduction to Data Studio
This introductory course to Data Studio will enable you to visualise data online. By following this course, you will learn how to connect your data and create visually compelling reports and work with your teammates.
- Welcome to Data Studio – An overview of the data studio and its access controls.
- Navigate Data Studio – An overview of data source and their reports.
- Build your first report – Connect data and generate and configure reports.
- Format and Design Reports – Data visualisation and creation of report templates.
Register for Introduction to Data Studio course.
Course #6 Google Tag Manager Fundamentals
Google Tag Manager Fundamentals course will simplify your management and process of tags. It is important to manage multiple analytics and marketing tags for your site. Unnecessary or wrong tags can distort your metrics and diminish your site performance.
- Starting with Google Tag Manager – Develop a measurement and tag implementation strategy.
- Setting up Google Tag Manager – Install Google Analytics tag, set up GA property, cross-domain tracking and learn about the data layer.
- Collecting data using the Data Layer, variables, and events – Use of static and dynamic values for customizations.
- Using additional tags for marketing and remarketing – Learn how to set up Google Ads conversion tracking and Dynamic remarketing.
Register for Google Tag Management fundamentals course.
Conclusion – Using Your Google Analytics Skills After Getting Qualified
Google Analytics certification is a skill sought-after in marketing. According to Payscale, this certification gave a 1.2% increase in salary for marketers.
So why is a marketing agency more likely to hire someone that is certified?
A Google Analytics certified professional has the skills to perform keyword research for organic traffic based on user’s search intent. They can build a marketing campaign that collects data and use metrics to analyze what is working and what is not. They can make critical decisions easier because they can interpret the data visually and create dynamic reports. These reports can tell you what needs to be adapted to create a better SEO campaign.
So what are you waiting for? If you want a set a career path in marketing, or want to step up your game, start today and be on your way to getting certified!
Google Analytics Certification – FAQ
Here are FAQs regarding Google Analytics Certification:
Q1. Can you get specific jobs after you get Google analytics qualified?
Marketing and data/web analyst are the most common jobs you can find. However, employers are not looking for actual certification. Having said that, the skills, and techniques you acquire when completing the courses will give you an edge on other candidates. It is these skills that employers are looking for. Conversely, it is harder for you to gain these skills without completing the courses and therefore, it is recommended.
Q2. Is it expensive to get Certified in Google Analytics?
All Academy courses are free of charge.
Q3. Is it a difficult process to get your Google Analytics Certification?
It is not hard to pass the Google Analytics Certification. You just need to apply the following:
Q4. Do you have to retest for google analytics certification after some years?
You will need to answer a minimum of 56 questions correctly for you to pass. If you pass, you will receive your qualification. However, to keep your certification up to date, you need to retake the exam within 12 months.
Veteran content writer with focus on Technology and SEO.